Effective Date: 01/04/2020
The Product is owned and operated by: Oscar Furniture Pty Ltd T/A Oscar Commercial (ACN 141 256 199)
We are committed to the protection of Your privacy while You use the Product.
“Materials” means any materials, information or documentation that We may provide to You in connection with Your use of the Product including documentation, data, information developed by Us or owned by Us, and other materials which may assist in Your use of the Product.
Parties” means both You (the user of the Product) and Us (the owner of the Product) collectively.
“Personal Information” means information that we obtain from You in connection with Your use of the Product.
“Product” means the website including all pages, all sub pages, all blogs, all forums, all other connected pages and all other connected internet content whatsoever, the home page or main page of which is located at: www.oscargroup.com.au
Third Party Links” means links or references to websites other than the Website, to content other than the Content or to materials other than the Materials, none of which are controlled by Us.
“Third Party Service Provider” means a third party, separate from Us or Our company but which provides services that assist Us in serving You. This may include but is not restricted to web hosting, IT services, security services, payment processing, deliveries, customer service, order fulfilment or other services.
“Us”, “We”, “Our”, “the Company” or “the Owner” refers to Oscar Furniture Pty Ltd T/A Oscar Commercial
“Us”, “We”, “Our”, “the Company” or “the Owner” also includes any employees, affiliates, agents or other representatives of Oscar Furniture Pty Ltd T/A Oscar Commercial
“You” or “Your” refers to the user of the Website.
“Your Content” means any Content posted to or added to the Website, Content or Materials by You or by somebody authorised by You or doing so on Your behalf.
II. Words referring to a singular number include the plural, and words referring to a plural include the singular.
III. Words referring to a person or persons include companies, firms, corporations, organisations and vice versa.
VI. Any obligation on a Party not to do something includes an obligation not to allow that thing to be done.
- TYPE OF INFORMATION AND HOW IT IS COLLECTED
a. When You use the Product, We may collect information from You through automatic tracking systems (such as information about your browsing preferences).b. In addition, We may collect information that You volunteer to Us (such as information that You provide during a sign up process or at other times while using the Product).
c. In order to access some specific features of the Product, You are required to provide some Personal Information. During this process, We collect some of Your Personal Information, in the following manner:
- We will not collect information that identifies You personally, except when You specifically volunteer that information to Us when using specific Product features. These specific Product features might include, but are not limited to:
- receiving notifications by text message or email about events and promotions
- receiving general emails from Us
- commenting on Our content such as blogs, articles, photographs or videos, or participating in Our forums, bulletin boards, chat rooms or other similar features
- In addition to any Personal Information that You are required to provide in order to access these additional Product features, in some cases You may be required to provide more specific information. For example, in order to make purchases, You may need to provide credit card information, billing information and postal addresses.
- Cookies are small files stored on Your computer or mobile device which collect information about Your browsing behaviour.
b. Cookies do not access information which is stored on Your computer.
- Cookies enable us to tailor our configurations to Your needs and preferences, in order to improve Your user experience.
d. Most internet browsers accept cookies automatically, although You are able to change Your browser settings to control cookies, including whether or not You accept them, and how to remove them. You may also be able to set Your browser to advise You if You receive a cookie, or to block or delete cookies. However, if You do this, You may be prevented from taking full advantage of the Product.
HOW YOUR INFORMATION IS STORED
- Please note that no systems involving the transmission of information via the internet, or the electronic storage of data, are completely secure. However, we take the protection and storage of Your Personal Information very seriously. We take all reasonable steps to protect Your Personal Information.
- We use appropriate physical, digital, managerial and security systems to store Your Personal Information and to protect it against unauthorised access, destruction or disclosure.
- We may provide some of Your Personal Information from time to time to Third Party Service Providers so that they can help us to serve You via the Product. In particular, We may use Third Party Service Providers to assist with information storage (such as cloud storage).
b. We may provide some of Your Personal Information to Third Party Service Providers for the purpose of analysing data or tracking usage. For example, We may use these services to find out where page requests come from, dates and times of page requests, details of any website that referred You to the Product and other details about Your usage of the Product. This information enables Us to understand patterns of usage of the Product, and to improve the Product.
c. We may use Third Party Service Providers to host the Product. If this occurs, that Third Party Service Provider is likely to have access to some of Your Personal Information.
e. Your Personal Information will not be sold or otherwise transferred to other third parties without Your approval.
- We may share Your Personal Information, including Personal Information that identifies You personally, with any of Our parent companies, subsidiary companies, affiliates or other trusted related entities.
- We may combine, link or aggregate some of Your information in order to obtain a better understanding of Your requirements. This may enable Us to better design the Product and may also assist with Our business or administration requirements.
- We may also share aggregated information with third parties but only if that aggregated information does not contain any information that identifies You personally.
HOW YOUR INFORMATION IS USED
- We use Your Personal Information to help us improve your experience with Our Product. We may use Your Personal Information for purposes including but not limited to:
- providing customer service to You.
- advising You about updates to the Product or related Items.
MERGER, RESTRUCTURE OR SALE OF OUR BUSINESS
- Part or all of Our business may be merged, restructured or sold including but not limited to through an ordinary sale of business or of stock, a corporate reorganisation, a change in control, bankruptcy or insolvency proceedings.
b. In the event that such a merger, restructure or sale occurs as described in the preceding sub-clause hereof, We may transfer Your Personal Information, including personally identifiable information, as part of that merger, restructure or sale.
INFORMATION YOU RELEASE
You acknowledge and agree that if You publish or submit Personal Information in publicly accessible sections of the Product (such as forums, bulletin boards, chat rooms, or other similar sections), then You are solely responsible for the release of that Personal Information and We are not liable or responsible in relation to the release of that Personal Information.
EMAIL OPT IN/OUT
ACCESSING, UPDATING AND CORRECTING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
- You have the right to request access to any of Your Personal Information which We are holding.
b. You have the right to request that any of Your Personal Information which We are holding be updated or corrected.
DISCLAIMER REGARDING SECURITY
CHANGES TO THIS POLICY
- We take customer satisfaction very seriously. If You have a complaint in relation to Our handling of Your Personal Information, We will endeavour to handle it promptly and fairly. For Your information, an overview of Our complaints handling procedure is as follows:
- Any complaints are forwarded to Our complaints officer for review. We aim to review all complaints within 7 days of receiving them (although this cannot be guaranteed). If necessary, the complaints officer may then refer the complaint to another section within Our organisation for consideration. If further information is required, We may contact You to request that information. If We accept fault in relation to the complaint then We will propose a resolution (which may or may not be the same as any resolution proposed by You). If We do not accept fault, then We will contact You to advise You of this. We aim to complete this entire process within 21 days, provided that We are provided complete information in the first place (although this cannot be guaranteed). However, if You do not provide complete information then this is likely to delay the handling of Your complaint.
III. If You are not satisfied with Our response to Your complaint, You may refer your complaint to the relevant external dispute resolution organisation in Your area.
6 King Drive Horsham VIC 3400